Followers

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Former Doves singer Jimi Goodwin debuts solo album, video

Jimi Goodwin has unveiled the second video from his debut solo album Odludek. The video for "Live Like A River" was directed by David Chatton Barker.

Having spent the last decade fronting Manchester, UK band Doves, Jimi Goodwin decided to make music under his own name.
Odludek - which is out now - bounces from genre to genre. 

"I wanted to make this mad mixtape: the kind you'd pass back and forth with your mates; eclectic as f***," said Goodwin. "That's the way we've all discovered music over the years isn't it? We join our own dots to make it all make sense. As I got into making the record, it felt like I was proving something to myself, making a point that I could do all this on my own. You know - I can play bass, I can play guitar, I can orchestrate. As the methods changed, the original concept stayed intact. It's me, powering through ideas, kapow kapow, no pause for breath. It's not trying to be wilfully eclectic; it's just a reflection of how I schizophrenically devour music."

Odludek is co-produced by Jimi and Dan Austin (Doves, Pixies) and features tracks co-written with Elbow's Guy Garvey and one, "Didsbury Girl," with Simon Dine (who collaborated with Paul Weller on his recent run of albums).
 

Track listing:

1. Terracotta Warrior
2. Didsbury Girl
3. Live Like A River
4. Hope
5. Man v Dingo
6. Keep My Soul In Song
7. Oh! Whiskey
8. Ghost Of The Empties
9. Lonely At The Drop
10. Panic Tree

No comments: