Followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Jake Bugg influenced by the blues on new material

Jake Bugg returns with a new album, On My One, June 17 via Island Records. First single "Gimme The Love" is available now.

The album title takes its name from a native saying in Jake’s Nottingham hometown which couldn’t be more fitting. Instead of saying on my own, they say on my one.
 
“In a lot of ways it sums up this record because it mainly has been me on my own,” Jake says. “I saw this as the logical next step in my development as a songwriter. It was a challenge but something I felt I had to do.”

He wrote all 11 songs as well as produced most of the album except three Jacknife Lee (R.E.M, Radiohead, Kasabian) songs and played most of the instruments.
 
It follows the worldwide success of his first two critically acclaimed albums, the 2013 debut Jake Bugg and the follow-up Shangri La. Some US shows are in store this month. The TV debut for “Gimme The Love” will take place on the Jimmy Kimmel Live! outdoor stage on March 15.

Blues is at the heart of On My One. “Blues is my favorite genre,” Jake admits. “Whether it’s soul or hip hop, it all stems from the blues. To me the blues just means singing your emotions and expressing your pain so others can feel it. That’s the beauty of music. If nothing else, I’d like to think I’ve done that with this record.”
 
Pre-order the album now at jakebugg.com and get "Gimme The Love," "On My One" instantly.

D2C bundles include physical formats with hand-numbered limited artwork prints and as part of an artwork vinylbox set with extra 7" with 2 exclusive tracks, 5 artwork prints, signed envelope & making of DVD. 
 
Track listing:

1. On My One
2. Gimme The Love
3. Love, Hope and Misery
4. The Love We’re Hoping For
5. Put Out The Fire
6. Never Wanna Dance
7. Bitter Salt
8. Ain’t No Rhyme
9. Livin’ Up Country
10. All That
11. Hold On You

Upcoming shows: 
 
March
14 Los Angeles, LA El Rey
17 Austin, TX SXSW
18 Austin, TX SXSW
19 Chicago, IL Metro
21 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom

jakebugg.com

No comments: