Followers

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Eric Clapton to play New York, LA

Eric Clapton celebrated his 70th birthday last year by writing in a tour program, “I swear this is it, no more…..I know I've been threatening retirement for the last fifty years, but I didn't think I'd ever really want to stop. I love what I do and always have done, but over the last few decades I've found what I was always really looking for, a loving family who love me just the way I am, which means I can relax and rest when I need to, and more and more I treasure the beauty of that....”

It went on to say, “Hopefully, I might be able to remember and breathe some life into this old stuff…. in truth believe me, with these great guys to play with, I'll be having the time of my life!”

Having said that, Eric Clapton announced his only North American shows for 2017: concert dates at New York City’s Madison Square Garden and Los Angeles’ Forum. The concerts will be a celebration of 50 years in music. Guitar slingers Gary Clark, Jr. and Jimmie Vaughan will be special guests.

For two shows in each city, Eric will be accompanied by his band members Walt Richmond, Steve Gadd, Nathan East, Chris Stainton, Sharon White and Michelle John.

The concerts:   

Sunday, March 19 New York Madison Square Garden
Monday, March 20 New York Madison Square Garden
Saturday, March 25 Los Angeles The Forum
Sunday, March 26 Los Angeles The Forum

Tickets will be offered as an advance sale to Chase credit customers beginning Thursday, December 1 at 12:00 pm EST via www.ticketmaster.com through Friday, December 2 at 11:59pm EST. General Public On-Sale will begin Saturday, December 3 at 10:00 a.m. local time.

No comments: