Followers

Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Year in Music: Best Concerts

Over the course of 2014, I saw 59 concerts in California. They included the three-day Coachella Festival (33 acts), two-day Stagecoach Festival (26 acts), Make the Music Go Bang! Festival (11 acts) and MyFM's Big Night Out (5 acts). 

My top 10 most memorable performances are below. 
Photos by George A. Paul, unless indicated 

1. John Newman, Coachella #2 - Day 3, Empire Polo Field, Indio (April)











2. Jason Isbell, Stagecoach - Day 2, Empire Polo Field, Indio (April)

photo by Dave McClister












3. Tom Bailey, Retro Futura Tour, Greek Theatre, Los Angeles (August)

photo by Peter Finnegan













4. The Band Perry, Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood (October)

photo courtesy thefansperry.com












5. Tom Odell, Coachella #2 - Day 1, Empire Polo Field, Indio (April)
 
photo courtesy tomodell.com

 







6. Spencer Day, The Coach House, San Juan Capistrano (June)









7. The Black Lillies, Stagecoach - Day 1, Empire Polo Field, Indio (April)








8. Keith Urban, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Irvine (September)

photo by Drew A. Kelley












9. Bryan Ferry, Club Nokia, Los Angeles (April)












10. World Party, Troubadour, West Hollywood (June) 

photo by Kristi Wooten

1 comment:

ida said...

I feel so "out of it" ... the Bryan Ferry show is the only one on your list that I saw ... altho I wish I had seen John Newman somewhere / anywhere (other than Coachella). I know you see a gazillion shows, so I'm glad to see Bryan made your Top Ten!