Followers

Monday, May 12, 2014

Morrissey news

There's lots of Moz news lately with his U.S. tour now underway and a new studio album coming soon. Read more about this upcoming reissue...

On June 3, Parlophone/Rhino Records will release the 20th Anniversary Definitive Master of Morrissey's fourth album Vauxhall and I. An outstanding work, it was a UK number 1, US Top 20, and the single "The More Ignore Me The Closer I Get" was a UK Top 10 and Billboard number 46.

On June 3, Parlophone Records will release the 20th Anniversary Definitive Master of Morrissey's fourth album
Vauxhall and I. It was a UK number 1, US Top 20, and the single "The More Ignore Me The Closer I Get" was a UK Top 10 and Billboard number 46.

Vauxhall and I is a very different album than its guitar-driven predecessor, Your Arsenal. For his fourth album, after years of frustration at the misinterpretation of his work and aesthetic, as well as the loss of some of his closet confidants, including Mick Ronson (Arsenal's producer), Morrissey worked with two new songwriters, Alain Whyte and Boz Boorer.

Since its original release on March 14, 1994, Vauxhall and I has often placed in 'Best Album' lists. The 20th Anniversary Definitive Master was handled by Bill Inglot. It will be available on CD, vinyl, and digital download and include unseen photos.

The CD version will come with a bonus CD, featuring the previously unreleased live concert recorded at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in 1995. The concert includes five songs from Vauxhall and I, as well as a selection from Your Arsenal, non-album single "Boxers," and a cover of Johnny Mercer and Henry Mancini's "Moon River."

Vauxhall and I
20th Anniversary Definitive Master CD/vinyl/digital download

1. Now My Heart Is Full
2. Spring-Heeled Jim
3. Billy Budd
4. Hold On To Your Friends
5. The More You Ignore Me the Closer I Get
6. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
7. I Am Hated For Loving
8. Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
9. Used To Be A Sweet Boy
10.The Lazy Sunbathers
11.Speedway

MORRISSEY - LIVE AT THE THEATRE ROYAL, DRURY LANE, 1995
(PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED CONCERT)


1. Billy Budd
2. Have-A-Go Merchant
3. Spring-Heeled Jim
4. London
5. You're The One For Me Fatty
6. Boxers
7. Jack The Ripper
8. We'll Let You Know
9. Whatever Happens I Love You
10.Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
11.The More You Ignore Me the Closer I Get
12.National Front Disco
13.Moon River
14.Now My Heart Is Full

No comments: