Followers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lindsey Buckingham tour arrives on West Coast of U.S.

Conqueroo
As I first mentioned last June, legendary singer/songwriter/guitarist  Lindsey Buckingham is on tour in support of his stark and compelling sixth solo album Seeds We Sow, which came out in September.

It is the Fleetwood Mac member's first one to be released independent of the Warner/Reprise Records group umbrella. Unlike 2008's somewhat more polished "Gift of Screws," this time, he took a true DIY approach, writing, performing (he gets minor assists here and there), producing and mixing every song.

Standouts include "Illumination," with layered voices, the bursting, Mac-esque pop-lilt to "That's the Way That Love Goes" and intricate, intertwining acoustic guitar textures on "Rock Away Blind."

Describing Seeds We Sow in an earlier press release, Buckingham said, “This might be the best work I've ever done. I think it's an excellent representation of what I do. It shows a certain maturity and musicianship and I just feel like I have a lot of tools in my musical vocabulary from which to draw that are again the product of the choices I’ve made. It’s on my own terms. This is very much from the inside out and I hope I never stop doing that.”
 
From the album’s first single “In Our Own Time,” soft melodic pop/rock tinge of “End Of Time” and rocking “One Take,” to the lush “When She Comes Down” and hushed tones of “She Smiles Sweetly,” the album showcases Buckingham’s full range of skills. 

Just as his guitar style on Seeds We Sow is more mature and refined, so too are his words. “I think the lyrics over the years have actually gotten better because they’ve gotten a little, I don’t want to say obscure, but more poetic in the way they’re created,” he says, adding, “It’s a mysterious process even to me.

West Coast tour dates:
Oct. 17 - Anaheim, CA
Oct. 18 - Turlock, CA
Oct. 19 - San Francisco, CA
Oct. 22 - Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oct. 23 - Shelton, WA
Oct. 25 - Napa, CA

For more information on the tour and album, go to lindseybuckingham.com.

No comments: