Followers

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Alison Moyet live album on the way



Reaching #5 in the UK album chart, Alison Moyet's last studio album the minutes was a success by all accounts. 

Moyet - joined on stage by MD John Garden (keys, guitars and programming) and Sean McGhee (backing vocals, synthesiser, guitar and programming) - took the minutes tour through Europe, the USA and South Africa and it culminated with a rapturous show at London's Royal Albert Hall.

The recordings on minutes and seconds - live contain a selection of material from the minutes, plus highlights from Alison's earlier solo and Yaz repertoires.

"Having worked live for an age with a traditional band line-up, I decided to return to my recording roots and an electronic pallet,” said Moyet in a press release. “This rapprochement begins with my 2013 album the minutes, a body of work I wrote together with its producer Guy Sigsworth, resulting in a collection of material that is entirely pleasing for me to perform live.

"As the catalyst for the minutes tour, it enabled me to revisit some of my earlier work, either in the context it was originally intended, or with a new ear,” she continued. “Instead, reworking organic songs into a programmed format rather than the other way around and sparing me the niggling suspicion that I was in danger of inhabiting my own tribute act - which is a relevant consideration when you have been singing some of the songs for 30 something years, and wish still to be engaged."

Alison Moyet is touring solo through Europe in November and then as a guest with Cuture Club on their arena tour in the UK in December. minutes and seconds - live will be available Nov. 11 digitally and on Jan. 13, 2015 on CD via Cooking Vinyl/Metropoilis Records.

Track listing:

Horizon Flame (Live)
When I Was Your Girl (Live)
Ordinary Girl (Live)
Remind Yourself (Live)
Is This Love? (Live)
Winter Kills (Live)
Filigree (Live)
Only You (Live)
Changeling (Live)
This House (Live)
All Signs Of Life (Live)
All Cried Out (Live)
Situation (Live)

alisonmoyet.com

No comments: