Followers

Monday, March 22, 2021

Ashley Monroe's new album due next month

Grammy nominated Nashville singer Ashley Monroe released the official video for "'Til It Breaks," the second song to be released from her forthcoming fifth studio album Rosegold. 

It will be released on April 30 via Mountainrose Sparrow/Thirty Tigers and is now available for pre-order.

"'Til It Breaks" was co-written by Monroe, Ashley Ray and Ben West, who also produced the song. Watch the official video for "'Til It Breaks" via YouTube: https://youtu.be/ckTcQUQst50

"Ashley Ray and Ben West are two of my favorite humans and writers on planet Earth. I had the 'let it melt away' melody and lyric going, but I wasn’t sure how it was going to be written yet," explains Monroe. "This was right before the pandemic days, so I didn’t know how true and deep these words would hit me now. I forgot who said the hook line, but it slayed us all as soon as it was spoken. It’s one of those titles I can’t believe we got to write. I also had a dear friend of mine on my mind during that time who was going through a dark season. Now when I listen, I am singing this message to myself too."

Written and recorded over the past two years, Rosegold finds Monroe layering vocal harmonies atop synthesized soundscapes and beats. Rather than make demos of songs that appear on Rosegold, Monroe tracked and co-produced the album a-song-at-a-time, bringing ideas into writing sessions and inviting her collaborators — Nathan Chapman (Taylor Swift, Lady A), Mikey Reaves (Maren Morris, Needtobreathe), Jake Mitchell (Ashley McBryde, Luke Bryan), Jordan Reynolds (Maddie & Tae, Dan + Shay), Ben West (Maddie & Tae, Lady A), and longtime producer/co-writer Tyler Cain (who co-wrote “Has Anybody Ever Told You” with Ashley) — to help build and produce full tracks in the studio.

"I’ve always been good at writing sad songs because I’ve experienced a lot of sadness in my life," Monroe reflects. "When my son was born, though, it was like some sort of innocence got plugged back into my heart. I’d never really felt that kind of joy before, and I wanted to find a way to make it last. I told everyone I was working with that I didn’t want even a hint of sadness this time around. I wanted to embrace all the light and love in my life and find ways to share it with people."

Track list:

1) Siren
2) Silk
3) Gold
4) See
5) Drive
6) Flying
7) Groove
8) ‘Til It Breaks
9) I Mean It
10) The New Me

No comments: