Followers

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Juliana Hatfield readies Olivia Newton-John tribute, vinyl reissue

American Laundromat Records has two releases from Juliana Hatfield coming: a limited edition 25th anniversary vinyl reissue of her solo debut Hey Babe and Juliana Hatfield Sings Olivia Newton-John, a 14-track tribute. Both are available for pre-order with special bundles and label-exclusive vinyl colors at American Laundromat Records.

Originally released on Mammoth Records in 1992, Hey Babe featured guests Mike Watt, Evan Dando, John Wesley Harding and others.

“I am excited to be re-releasing my very first solo album, Hey Babe, on vinyl. It was the first thing I did after the breakup of my band the Blake Babies,” recalls Juliana. “At the time I was really scared to be venturing out on my own, with something so nakedly earnest and honest, but it seemed like the right thing to do...and I was really gratified when people responded to the songs.”

This special limited edition 25th Anniversary vinyl reissue of Hey Babe is newly mastered from the original ¼” analog tapes and pressed by hand at Burlington Record Plant. Produced and distributed by American Laundromat Records, Inc. under license from Mammoth Records, it will be available on March 23.

On the heels of the vinyl reissue is a new album paying homage to one of her childhood heroes with Juliana Hatfield Sings Olivia Newton-John. On the album, due April 13, Juliana takes on Olivia Newton-John classics and deep cuts including “A Little More Love” and “Physical”. 


The idea arose last year when Juliana bought tickets to see her idol perform. “Strangely, I had never seen her in concert. Then, sadly, she had to cancel because of health issues. That was when I thought of the idea of doing a tribute to her in the form of an album of songs she originally made great.”

A dollar from the sale of every album will be donated to the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre (ONJ Centre), a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing patients with cancer access to leading medical treatment, breakthrough research, and the best in wellness and supportive care.

“I have never not loved Olivia Newton-John,” says Juliana. “Her music has brought me so much pure joy throughout my life. I loved her when I was a child and I love her still. Her voice and her positive energy and her melodies have stood the test of time and they give me as much pleasure now as they ever did. Listening to her is an escape into a beautiful place. She has inspired me so much personally and I just wanted to give something back; to share some of these tremendous songs, reinterpreted, with love, by me.”

The limited edition 25th anniversary vinyl reissue of Hey Babe and Juliana Hatfield Sings Olivia Newton-John are currently available in pre-order exclusively at American Laundromat Records.

Juliana Hatfield Sings Olivia Newton-John

Track Listing:

1. I Honestly Love You
2. Suspended In Time
3. Have You Never Been Mellow
4. A Little More Love
5. Magic
6. Physical
7. Totally Hot
8. Don't Stop Believin'
9. Please Mr. Please
10. Hopelessly Devoted To You
11. Xanadu
12. Dancin' 'Round And 'Round
13. Make A Move On Me
14. I Honestly Love You (Reprise)
*Track 14 is not on the vinyl LP but included on the digital download. 

Label-Exclusive Bonus 7" Single with original cover drawing by Paul Westerberg:
1. Deeper Than The Night
2. Heart Attack

Hey Babe (vinyl)
Track Listing:

Side A
1. Everybody Loves Me But You
2. Lost And Saved
3. I See You
4. The Lights
5. Nirvana

Side B
1. Forever Baby
2. Ugly
3. No Outlet
4. Quit
5. Get Off Your Knees
6. No Answer

Pre-Orders Available at https://www.alr-music.com/

No comments: