Followers

Monday, January 5, 2015

Jesse Malin slates March for next effort

Jesse Malin has confirmed the March 31 release of his first album in five years, New York Before The War (One Little Indian), and an April 11 album release show at the Bowery Ballroom.

Among the album's special guests are Peter Buck, Craig Finn, Alejandro Escovedo and Wayne Kramer.

Malin describes his first new song "Addicted" as "The Ramones meet Paul Simon," adding, "I wanted to make a record that encompassed everything I've been through, since I started out in a hardcore band when I was twelve years old through my solo career, but I also wanted to challenge myself and the listeners who have been with me on this journey." Listen to "Addicted," which premiered on WSJ Speakeasy, here.

Pared down from almost forty songs, Malin scrapped the majority and focused on making the album about the "daily battle we have to keep the human spirit alive." Looking out of his apartment window to see "The War" painted on the side of an old building, Jesse began questioning everything he believed in. "I tried to carve out a place where I could once again exist and sat down and wrote the rest of this record."

Malin - who has collaborated and shared the stage with the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Ryan Adams, Gogol Bordello, and many others - calls the album "a metaphor for surviving in an ever changing, rapidly desensitized world while trying to find a way to live truly."

More tour dates to come.
 

Track List:
 

1. The Dreamers
2. Addicted
3. Turn Up The Main (feat. Alejandro Escovedo)
4. Oh Sheena
5. She's So Dangerous
6. The Year That I Was Born
7. Boots of Immigration
8. Freeway (feat. Wayne Kramer)
9. Bent Up
10. She Don't Love Me Now
11. Death Star
12. I Would Do It For You (feat. Peter Buck)
13. Bar Life

No comments: