Followers

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Susanna Hoffs new EP out today

The Bangles singer Susanna Hoffs has a new covers EP out today.

From Me to You includes her favorite '60s gems like The Jaynetts’ “Sally Go 'Round The Roses,” The Beatles’ “All I’ve Got to Do” and The Zombies’ “This Will Be Our Year.”

“It was a pure pleasure to record songs that I adore and have dreamed of singing for years,”
Hoffs says. Regarding the song selections, she says, “It’s exciting to be able to share some of my more obscure favorites. I think of this EP as kind of like a mix-tape that I’d give to a friend, except I decided to actually record the songs myself.”
From Me to You follows Hoffs critically acclaimed solo album Someday, released this past summer on her own label Baroque Folk, distributed by Welk Music Group. Mitchell Froom produced/orchestrated both From Me to You and Someday.
 
Hoffs plans Under the Covers, Volume 3 (the '80s) with Matthew Sweet in 2013.

“For me, the end of the year is a time to reflect on all the things that I am grateful for,” Hoffs says. “This year, I’m especially thankful for the opportunity to make music for the pure joy of it, and to be able to connect with all the people who have given me so much support over the years. For that, I am truly grateful."

No comments: