Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Paul McCartney 'Kisses' DVD, Blu-ray due in November

Live Kisses, a Paul McCartney film directed by Jonas Åkerlund, captures an evening at the famed Capitol Studios in Hollywood, where The Beatles legend recorded much of his Kisses On The Bottom album.

It is due out Nov. 13 on DVD, Blu-Ray and Digital Video via Eagle Rock Entertainment.

The live performance saw McCartney re-team with musicians from the album. Without the famous Höfner bass in hand or any instruments, he used the same microphone that has captured some iconic voices in history.

Streamed live online, Live Kisses marked the launch of the Kisses On The Bottom album. The film tells the story of how, with the help of Grammy Award-winning producer Tommy LiPuma, Diana Krall and her band, they created a critically acclaimed album, which featured guest appearances from Eric Clapton and Stevie Wonder.

The record represents a personal journey through classic American compositions that a young McCartney first heard his father perform on piano at home. Upon its release, the album topped the U.S. Billboard Jazz album chart at No. 1 and charted top 5 around the world.

On the night, the all-star line up included musical director Diana Krall (piano) and John Pizzarelli (guitar), among others. Tommy LiPuma and Al Schmitt resumed their roles in the studio and special guest musicians were Abe Laboriel Jr (from McCartney's touring band) on backing vocals and Eagles guitarist Joe Walsh. Walsh performed the "My Valentine" guitar solo originally recorded by Eric Clapton on the studio album.

The concert was performed just hours after McCartney was presented with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in front of the Capitol Records building. The night of the concert (Feb. 9) was also the 48th anniversary of The Beatles' U.S. TV debut on The Ed Sullivan Show.

Bonus Live Kisses material includes six versions of the "My Valentine" music video, directed by McCartney and starring Johnny Depp and Natalie Portman as well as a Making My Valentine film.

There are also two short films with behind the scenes footage filmed at the Mary McCartney album photoshoot for Kisses On The Bottom. The final extra is an interview with Paul and producer LiPuma about the story of the album, its conception and creation.

Beautifully presented, Live Kisses comes with a 40-page hardback book containing photographs from the day itself, including the rehearsals.

TRACKLISTING

1) I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
2) Home (When Shadows Fall)
3) It's Only A Paper Moon
4) The Glory Of Love
5) More I Cannot Wish You
6) We Three (My Echo, My Shadow And Me)
7) Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive
8) My Valentine
9) Always
10) My Very Good Friend The Milkman
11) Bye Bye Blackbird
12) Get Yourself Another Fool
13) My One And Only Love

Recorded and filmed at Capitol Studios, Los Angeles, February 2012
Executive Producer: Paul McCartney
Directed by Jonas Åkerlund

BONUS FEATURES
1) My Valentine Video
i) My Valentine Music Video
ii) My Valentine Music Video - Natalie Portman One Take
iii) My Valentine Music Video - Johnny Depp One Take
iv) My Valentine Music Video - Split Screen
v) My Valentine Music Video - Natalie Portman Edit
vi) My Valentine Music Video - Johnny Depp Edit
vii) Making My Valentine

Videos directed by Paul McCartney
Featuring Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp

2) Kisses On The Bottom Album Photo Shoot - Version One
3) Kisses On The Bottom Album Photo Shoot - Version Two
4) Kisses On The Bottom Album Interview

No comments: