Followers

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Jake Bugg heads to the 'Alamo' on next album

Acclaimed UK singer, songwriter, guitarist Jake Bugg returns on November 13 with his seventh studio album, Alamo. Now an independent artist on Thirty Tigers, Bugg is off a major label for the first time. 

The collection finds Bugg reconnecting with the roots, blues, rock and folk-driven influence of his earliest work. New single “Never Can Tell” addresses the challenges of knowing who to trust and learning to rely on his instincts, after years of having to remain alert to the people around him.

Listen to “Never Can Tell” HERE. Watch the official lyric video HERE.

Alamo is something Bugg felt deeply compelled to create. “After all the years of touring and making records, it just felt like the right time to look inward. The last couple of years have been tough for me, and I’ve had a lot of struggles. I’m trying to navigate those and figure out where they stem from,” Bugg says. “Alamo was only going to work if I was going to be honest and be as vulnerable as possible. I’ve always had a lot of defenses and barriers around me. I thought it was time to bring those down.”

Jimmy Hogarth (Amy Winehouse, Paolo Nutini) and Steve McKewan (Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood) served as producers.  

The Nottingham native became an international sensation as a teenager with his 2012 self-titled debut, a triple-platinum, No. 1 album in the UK. From 2013-2016 he had made a significant impression on American audiences as well with his music, numerous television appearances, extensive touring while performing on major stages. 

Bugg will return to the U.S. in September to appear at AmericanaFest in Nashville as the headliner at Musicians Corner in Centennial Park on September 18. A full US tour is being planned for early 2027.


Track listing:

1. When The Night
2. Never Can Tell
3. Alamo
4. The Life
5. Trapped In A Cage
6. Ten Stories High
7. Tall Poppies
8. Drop In The Water
9. Cloud In The Sky
10. Day By Day
11. Everywhere I Go

No comments: