David Archuleta mixes Christmas classics and new holiday songs on his album, Warm Me Up, due out October 30. Pre-order is live HERE. It features remastered versions of "Christmas Every Day" and "Winter in the Air" from the singer's 2018 holiday release.
All the new original tracks were co-written with Annelisa Franklin, Savannah Sgro, and Dave Villa, with Aben Eubanks on "Santa’s On His Way Tonight." Warm Me Up was produced by Villa and Michael Blum. The album will be available for download, on LP (snowy white variant), cassette and CD.
Says Archuleta: “'Warm Me Up' was a project that I wanted to have fun with. I wrote it with talented writers I had first become friends with. We had history in Nashville. I met Dave Villa over 10 years ago working on my album Postcards in the Sky. I reconnected with him at our friend Savannah Sgro's Friendsgiving. Savannah was friends with his wife Annelisa Franklin (they all met as writers in Tennessee) I suggested we should all write sometime and decided to do Christmas music as I wanted to find my own way of connecting to the holiday in this new chapter of life.
We wrote side B last year, but it was a bit sudden of a decision with just a few songs and I didn't promote it how I'd like to. I wanted to complete a full album and made it a goal this year to do so. We wrote side B in LA and side A in Nashville for the most part. I wanted to try different genres, and we had so much fun hanging out while creating. I found out Annelisa's mom is Mexican and she spoke Spanish, so I jumped at the opportunity to write a Spanglish Christmas song, 'Nochebuena.'
"I had been listening to New Edition and the Gap Band at the time, and thought it'd be fun to write a song influenced by their classic sound," Archuleta continues. "I wanted something we could groove and bounce to. Thus, “Warm Me Up” came to be. “Happy Christmas” was a classic fun light hearted song. There was one exception to the Savannah, Dave and Annelisa team for original Christmas songs. My publicist knew a musician/writer, Aben Eubanks, who had worked on Kelly Clarkson's Christmas record. I wasn't sure what would come of it as I had written everything I wanted to, but as we got together we decided to experiment some. I was feeling a bit of Freddie Mercury inspiration, and wanted to start a song how he may have in Don't Stop Me Now or Bohemian Rhapsody and we wrote “Santa's on His Way Tonight.” I had my friend Michael Blum produce it who produced my song “Crème Brulee” as well as a song we did together for Only Murders in the Building, “Wish That You Were Me.”
In the end it all seemed to come together with a couple of Christmas classics, “Let it Snow” and “Grown-Up Christmas List” that I felt was a bridge from my previous two Christmas albums to Warm Me Up. It’s a nod to the ballads I feel I have become known for in my career. I wanted to make people feel but also move, dance and celebrate in a way I grew up doing and still have a love for today.”
"I had been listening to New Edition and the Gap Band at the time, and thought it'd be fun to write a song influenced by their classic sound," Archuleta continues. "I wanted something we could groove and bounce to. Thus, “Warm Me Up” came to be. “Happy Christmas” was a classic fun light hearted song. There was one exception to the Savannah, Dave and Annelisa team for original Christmas songs. My publicist knew a musician/writer, Aben Eubanks, who had worked on Kelly Clarkson's Christmas record. I wasn't sure what would come of it as I had written everything I wanted to, but as we got together we decided to experiment some. I was feeling a bit of Freddie Mercury inspiration, and wanted to start a song how he may have in Don't Stop Me Now or Bohemian Rhapsody and we wrote “Santa's on His Way Tonight.” I had my friend Michael Blum produce it who produced my song “Crème Brulee” as well as a song we did together for Only Murders in the Building, “Wish That You Were Me.”
In the end it all seemed to come together with a couple of Christmas classics, “Let it Snow” and “Grown-Up Christmas List” that I felt was a bridge from my previous two Christmas albums to Warm Me Up. It’s a nod to the ballads I feel I have become known for in my career. I wanted to make people feel but also move, dance and celebrate in a way I grew up doing and still have a love for today.”
The artist's holiday show heads across North America in November and December.
Track Listing:
1. Warm Me Up
2. Let It Snow
3. Merry Christmas, Baby
4. Santa’s On His Way Tonight
5. Nochebuena
6. Grown-Up Christmas List
7. Happy Christmas
8. Wish at the Top of My List (feat. Jordin Sparks)
9. Sleigh Ride
10. Christmas in California
11. Winter in the Air (Remastered)
12. Christmas Every Day (Remastered)
Holiday Tour Dates:
2. Let It Snow
3. Merry Christmas, Baby
4. Santa’s On His Way Tonight
5. Nochebuena
6. Grown-Up Christmas List
7. Happy Christmas
8. Wish at the Top of My List (feat. Jordin Sparks)
9. Sleigh Ride
10. Christmas in California
11. Winter in the Air (Remastered)
12. Christmas Every Day (Remastered)
Holiday Tour Dates:
Nov 28 - Capitol Theatre | Salt Lake City, UT
Nov 30 - City Winery | Atlanta, GA
Dec 1 - Arlington Music Hall | Arlington, TX
Dec 2 - City Winery | Philadelphia, PA
Dec 4 - Toad's Place | New Haven, CT
Dec 5 - Sony Hall | New York, NY
Dec 8 - Mary D'Angelo Performing Arts Center | Erie, PA
Dec 9 - Danforth Music Hall | Toronto, ON
Dec 10 - Des Plaines Theatre | Des Plaines, IL
Dec 12 – Anaina Hou Community Park | Kauai, HI
Dec 16 - El Rey Theatre | Los Angeles, CA
Dec 18 – Chandler Center for the Arts | Chandler, AZ
Dec 19 - Castro Theatre | San Francisco, CA
Dec 20 - Gallo Center for the Arts | Modesto, CA
www.davidarchuleta.com
Dec 1 - Arlington Music Hall | Arlington, TX
Dec 2 - City Winery | Philadelphia, PA
Dec 4 - Toad's Place | New Haven, CT
Dec 5 - Sony Hall | New York, NY
Dec 8 - Mary D'Angelo Performing Arts Center | Erie, PA
Dec 9 - Danforth Music Hall | Toronto, ON
Dec 10 - Des Plaines Theatre | Des Plaines, IL
Dec 12 – Anaina Hou Community Park | Kauai, HI
Dec 16 - El Rey Theatre | Los Angeles, CA
Dec 18 – Chandler Center for the Arts | Chandler, AZ
Dec 19 - Castro Theatre | San Francisco, CA
Dec 20 - Gallo Center for the Arts | Modesto, CA
www.davidarchuleta.com
No comments:
Post a Comment