Followers

Thursday, September 10, 2026

A trio of Eighties reissues by Billy Bragg due in November

I first became aware of these albums when I did research for my interview with Bragg for his album 'Don't Try This at Home.' I look forward to experiencing these fresh re-releases.... 

English folk/rock singer/songwriter Billy Bragg - best known in America for the late '80s/early '90s alt-rock radio hits "Sexuality," "You Woke Up My Neighbourhood," "She's Got a New Spell" and "Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards" - will reissue three of his classic albums – ‘Brewing Up With Billy Bragg’ (1984), ‘Talking With The Taxman About Poetry’ (1986) and ‘Workers Playtime’ (1988) – on Nov. 6 via Cooking Vinyl. 

The remastered vinyl was handled by John Webber at Air Studios from high-resolution transfers taken from master tapes in Billy Bragg's archives. Each album will be in a gatefold sleeve. The titles will also be available on CD and a limited edition run of colored LPs.

PRE-ORDER NOW

Track listings:

Brewing Up With Billy Bragg
1. It Says Here
2. Love Gets Dangerous
3. The Myth Of Trust
4. From A Vauxhall Velox
5. The Saturday Boy
6. Island Of No Return
7. St Swithins Day
8. Like Soldiers Do
9. This Guitar Says Sorry
10. Strange Things Happen
11. A Lover Sings

Talking With The Taxman About Poetry
1. Greetings To The New Brunette
2. Train Train
3. The Marriage
4. Ideology
5. Levi Stubbs’ Tears
6. Honey I’m A Big Boy Now
7. There Is Power In A Union
8. Help Save The Youth Of America
9. Wishing The Days Away
10. The Passion
11. The Warmest Room
12. The Home Front

Workers Playtime
1. She’s Got A New Spell
2. Must I Paint You A Picture
3. Tender Comrade
4. The Price I Pay
5. Little Time Bomb
6. Rotting On Remand
7. Valentines Day Is Over
8. Life With The Lions
9. The Only One
10. The Short Answer
11. Waiting For The Great Leap Forwards

No comments: