Followers

Friday, February 19, 2021

Long out of print album by Lloyd Cole to get reissue

Lloyd Cole will re-issue his critically acclaimed 2006 studio album "Antidepressant" on April 16 in America via earMUSIC. Having been out of print since then, it becomes available on vinyl for the first time ever and features an exclusive bonus track on both CD and vinyl. “Antidepressant” is the first album in a series of carefully crafted re-issues to be released worldwide via the label following his 2019 studio album “Guesswork.”

Mostly recorded by Cole himself, it was a change from the stripped-down experimental sound of its predecessor “Music In A Foreign Language.”

Says Cole, “There isn’t a single song on it I regret recording and ‘The Young Idealists’, ‘Woman In A Bar’ and ‘Rolodex Incident’ can stand shoulder to shoulder with my very best, I think. I never tire of singing the first two and I wish I could figure out a way to perform Rolodex.

“There was only one completed outtake from the recording sessions – ‘Coattails’. This track has aged well and I should probably have figured out a way to include it in the original running order but I didn’t. So we’ve included it as an extra track at the end of the CD and as a bonus 7” Single with the album.”

“Antidepressant” will be available again on CD Digipak and on LP, in gatefold edition including a 7” single featuring the previously unreleased song ‘Coattails’ from the original album recordings.

Track listing:

01. THE YOUNG IDEALISTS
02. WOMAN IN A BAR
03. NYC SUNSHINE
04. ANTIDEPRESSANT
05. I DIDN’T SEE IT COMING
06. HOW WRONG CAN YOU BE?
07. EVERYSONG
08. I AM NOT WILLING
09. SLIP AWAY
10. TRAVELLING LIGHT
11. ROLODEX INCIDENT
12. COATTAILS (7” bonus single)

No comments: