Followers

Friday, February 12, 2021

Jon Foreman of Switchfoot releases debut full-length effort

"I wrote this song with Lauren Daigle and my brother a while back. Time passed, and I forgot all about the song. Then one morning I woke up with the chorus stuck in my head. I went looking for it and rediscovered this lost gem. I love the longing expressed in this song. The yearning that this song embodies is a common feeling for me, one that feels especially poignant during these times of unrest and pain and suffering. I’m so glad that this lost song was resurrected for this project." - Jon Foreman, on "A Place Called Earth"

Multi-platinum recording artist Jon Foreman has released his debut solo full-length album Departures, today via a return to RE:THINK, the first label he ever signed with. He's also shared a collaboration with vocalist Lauren Daigle - watch the lyric video now.

Earlier today, he was on SiriusXM's PopRocks for an interview.

Click here to stream 'Departures' via your preferred listening service
Click here to watch the video for "Education" - which is currently climbing at AAA Radio now!
Click to watch an acoustic rendition of "Side by Side" by Jon and Madison Cunningham which radiates warmth!

In addition to the Daigle song, Foreman is joined on the album by fellow SoCal singer-songwriter Madison Cunningham. Departures was recorded at Melody League Studios in San Diego, CA, produced by Foreman with additional production from Keith Tutt II and Aaron Redfield (Elton John, Sia).

Foreman uses the 12 tracks on Departures to grapple with what he describes as a year that hit him hard and turned his life upside down.

“For me, 2020 has been a year of departures. And I’m not alone in this, For many of us, this has been a season of death. Of decay. Of fear and doubt and uncertainty. For Americans. For humans. For friends and relatives around the world.” He found himself face to face with existential questions of doubt, purpose and meaning. “I fought hard against this year. And the year has won…. But the journey that brought me here was not completely in vain. In fact, I would not trade it even if I could.”

He continues: “During the lowest moments, I turned to meditation, prayer, and songs, attempting to find a vehicle to sing into this new storm of doubt and despair. That’s where this album was born. Departures is not a record of bold proclamations, but instead of whispered confessions. Attempting to come to terms with who I am and who I am not. This is the soundtrack for the uncertain questions. These are odes to the open door. Songs of wander and wonder. Songs of loss and lament. An album that attempts to embrace the moment we’re in.”

Foreman is best known as the front man and lead vocalist for the GRAMMY Award-winning alternative rock band SWITCHFOOT, who boast several Hot 100 hits, a massive international following, and music featured on Grey’s Anatomy, ESPN, One Tree Hill and more. He has built a formidable resume as a writer and a solo artist as well, with nearly 60 million streams and 300,000 albums sold for his solo music to date. A prolific songwriter, he’s written for everyone from Mandy Moore to Meat Loaf to Echosmith to Amy Grant to American Idol winner, Kris Allen.

No comments: