Followers

Monday, November 2, 2020

Kelly Jones of Stereophonics strips the music down on 'Another Day'

Stereophonics frontman Kelly Jones returns with Don’t Let The Devil Take Another Day on December 4th via Parlophone/Elektra.

The live album features some Stereophonics tunes reimagined, rearranged, and intimately re-recorded by Kelly and his band. It is available for pre-order HERE.

Recorded in a variety of locations across the UK in 2019, this curated selection of tracks is prefaced by a take on Kris Kristofferson’s “Help Me Make It Through The Night, also available now.

It’s a song Kelly reminisces about his father singing him when he was a boy - one of many stories from his life that Kelly shares with the audience on his deeply personal album.

Listen to the song HERE
Watch the video HERE

An accompanying documentary Don’t Let The Devil Take Another Day will be available on demand worldwide starting December 3rd. Watch a teaser for the film HERE.

Speaking on the new documentary, the film’s director, Ben Lowe shared, "I've been to hundreds of gigs in my life – shooting with my camera or purely as a fan – but I'd never experienced a show quite like Kelly's on this tour. You recognize there's something pretty special happening on-stage if the performances, and the stories he was telling between them, can make an audience laugh and cry on the same night. I wanted to make this documentary feel as truthful and heartfelt as Kelly's shows. I knew it would be beautiful to hear these songs in a theatre, but I was really blown away. After the tour when Kelly told me about his first few months of the year, I felt inspired by the courage and honesty of it all.”

Don’t Let The Devil Take Another Day follows the release of Stereophonics’ 2019 album Kind, which marked their 7th number 1 album on the UK charts.

Track listing:

01. Hurry Up And Wait
02. You’re My Star
03. Suzy
04. Katie
05. I Wanna Get Lost With You
06. Help Me Make It Through The Night
07. I Stopped To Fill My Car Up
08. Before Anyone Knew Our Name
09. Mr Writer
10. Rewind
11. Local Boy In The Photograph
12. Feel
13. Into The World
14. This Life Ain’t Easy (But It’s The One That We All Got)
15. Boy On A Bike
16. No-one’s Perfect
17. Show Me How
18. Maybe Tomorrow
19. Traffic
20. Just Looking
21. Dakota

No comments: