Followers

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Semisonic to reissue 'Feeling Strangely Fine' in deluxe set, vinyl debut

I can't wait to hear this. I interviewed Dan for the original release...

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of their seminal album Feeling Strangely Fine, Semisonic will release a deluxe edition reissue Oct. 19 via UMe. It will be released on deluxe edition CD and digital, as well as a limited edition gold vinyl pressing, which marks the first time ever a Semisonic album has been pressed to vinyl LP.

In addition to hits like "Closing Time," "Secret Smile" and "Singing In My Sleep," the deluxe edition features four B-sides taken from international CD singles that were released at the time of the album. Find a full tracklist below.

Semisonic shared a previously-unreleased demo of "Closing Time," giving fans a glimpse into the evolution of the song. The Grammy-nominated, final version of "Closing Time" appears on the upcoming release.

Stream "Closing Time" (Demo):

Stream "Closing Time":

The album is currently available for pre-order via PledgeMusic and includes unique premiums including lessons with bassist John Munson and drummer Jake Slichter, as well as the original "Closing Time" 2" safety master tape reel.

"When I started writing songs for the album that would become Feeling Strangely Fine, John Munson and Jake Slichter and I were living in South Minneapolis. I had decided a while back that my best songs were about me and the people I loved or admired and our adventures and troubles, and the new songs really reflected that ideal. I was writing about our lives," reflects Dan Wilson.

"I remember telling Jake I wanted to make a record that had the folk music simplicity of Simon & Garfunkel but also the loudness of U2 and Nirvana. I wasn't thinking that these songs would become the soundtrack for so many people's lives. We definitely weren’t thinking that these songs would still be played on the radio 20 years later."

Last year, Wilson released Re-Covered, a unique album that finds the Grammy-winning songwriter reinterpreting songs from his storied career that he wrote for and with other artists.

Track list:

1) Closing Time
2) Singing in My Sleep
3) Made to Last
4) Never You Mind
5) Secret Smile
6) DND
7) Completely Pleased
8) This Will Be My Year
9) All Worked Out
10) California
11) She Spreads Her Wings
12) Gone to the Movies
13) Long Way from Home
14) I’m a Liar
15) Beautiful Regret
16) Making a Plan

No comments: