Followers

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Paloma Faith news

Paloma Faith – one of only two British female artists this decade to have their last three albums go double platinum in the UK – will release her long-awaited fourth album, The Architect, on November 17.

The new album – her first in more than three years – features an array of acclaimed co-writers, producers and collaborators including: Sia, John Legend, Tobias Jesso Jr., Eg White, Rag'n'Bone Man, actor Samuel L. Jackson and journalist and activist Owen Jones – see full track list below.

Paloma said: “‘The Architect’ is a social observation record. I was adamant that I wouldn’t write about love. I wanted to look outside of myself. I’m coming at politics from the perspective of the common man or woman, observing why people are suffering. Each song on the record is about a different pocket of the socio-political world that I’ve been delving into.”

She added: “I wanted to write something more modern. On previous albums I’ve been more concerned with the past, but now I’m looking forward because of motherhood and wanting to change things for a better future. It’s a marriage of old and new.”

Additionally, Paloma has released the video for first single, “Crybaby.” Watch the dystopian video, which was directed by Thomas James and was shot in Ukraine, HERE.

The long-awaited track and upcoming album follow the huge success of Paloma’s last record, A Perfect Contradiction, which spent 29 weeks in the Top 10 Albums Chart, 66 weeks in the Top 40, and 100 weeks in the Top 200 in the UK. The epic lead single from the album, “Only Love Can Hurt Like This,” is Paloma’s biggest-selling to date, with over half a million copies sold and 55 million streams on Spotify. Paloma won the Brit Award for British Female Solo Artist in 2015 following the phenomenal success of her last album.

Track List:


1. Evolution ft. Samuel L. Jackson
2. The Architect
3. Guilty
4. Crybaby
5. I’ll Be Gentle ft. John Legend
6. Politics of Hope ft. Owen Jones
7. Kings and Queens
8. Surrender
9. Warrior
10. Til I’m Done
11. Lost and Lonely
12. Still Around
13. Pawns ft. Baby N’Sola, Janelle Martin & Naomi Miller
14. WW3
15. Love Me As I Am

No comments: