Followers

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Out now: Weezer's 'Pacific Daydream'

photo: Jeremy Cowart
Los Angeles, CA's Weezer have released 11th album, Pacific Daydream, via Crush Music/Atlantic Records. Produced by Butch Walker, it is the follow up to the critically acclaimed album Weezer (The White Album), which was nominated for a Grammy for Best Rock Album last year.

The album is available now on on all digital service providers. Fans can sign up to Weezer's email list for first access to information on their forthcoming tour that will be announced soon.

In celebration of the release, Weezer will be performing their new single "Happy Hour" on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Oct. 30, as well as Late Late with James Corden on Nov. 6. The band will also be playing a special acoustic in store in Los Angeles at Amoeba Records on Nov. 1.


After the release of Weezer (The White Album), the band began working on what they called "The Black Album," but as they worked, they found the songs they were writing felt more like reveries from a beach at the end of the world. Instead of forcing a different direction, they began an entirely new album; Pacific Daydream was born. Frontman Rivers Cuomo brings this decision back to a Chinese proverb he says inspired the design behind the entire record:

Once upon a time, I, Chuang Chou, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Chou. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.

Track listing: 

1. Mexican Fender
2. Beach Boys
3. Feels Like Summer
4. Happy Hour
5. Weekend Woman
6. QB Blitz
7. Sweet Mary
8. Get Right
9. La Mancha Screwjob
10. Any Friend of Diane's 

Listen or download Pacific Daydream here: https://fanlink.to/pacificdaydream 

Weezer are: Brian Bell (guitar/vocals) * Rivers Cuomo (vocals/guitar) * Scott Shriner (bass/vocals) * Pat Wilson (drums)

No comments: