Available in new expanded editions (featuring three bonus tracks on each) or together in a three-disc deluxe edition (featuring Live at the Orpheum Theater, Boston, 4/12/94) and limited edition collector's box set, they will be available on March 29. Each album will also be released in new commemorative remastered vinyl editions on April 12.
The expanded editions of "Vs." and "Vitalogy" -- including the original studio albums, newly remastered, along with album-era bonus tracks -- will each be available on CD and digital formats:
- The expanded edition of "Vs." includes three bonus tracks recorded by Brendan O'Brien at The Site studio during the "Vs." sessions:
- a previously unreleased acoustic version of "Hold On";
- "Cready Stomp" - a previously unreleased studio outtake;
- and the band's cover of Victoria Williams' "Crazy Mary" featuring Williams on backing vocals and guitar.
- The expanded edition of "Vitalogy" includes three bonus tracks:
- the previously unreleased guitar/organ-only mix of "Betterman";
- a previously unreleased alternate take of "Corduroy" from the "Vitalogy" session (recorded by Brendan O'Brien);
- a previously unreleased demo version of "Nothingman," taken from the original DAT (recorded at John and Stu's in Seattle on October 14, 1993, featuring Richard Stuverud on drums).
- Deluxe Edition CD version - "Vs." and "Vitalogy" will be available together in a CD deluxe edition which includes:
- the Expanded Edition of each album;
- a copy of Live at the Orpheum Theater, Boston, April 12, 1994. A special performance recorded at the tail end of the "Vs." tour, Live at the Orpheum Theater showcases a dream setlist created especially by the Pearl Jam crew and has for years been one of the most sought-after recordings among serious aficionados.
"Vs." and "Vitalogy" will be available together in a limited edition collector's box set that includes 59 unique Pearl Jam performances on four CDs, five LPs and one cassette in addition to a number of guest artist performances. The limited edition box set is only available for sale at pearljam.com.
- Contents include:
- Expanded Editions of "Vs." and "Vitalogy" remastered with bonus tracks on CD;
- Remastered Vinyl Editions of "Vs." (single LP) and "Vitalogy" (double LP);
- Double vinyl LP and CD of Live at the Orpheum Theater, Boston, April 12, 1994 plus an exclusive digital download of the concert. A special performance recorded at the end of the "Vs." tour, Live at the Orpheum Theater showcases a setlist created especially by the Pearl Jam crew and has for years been one of the most sought-after recordings among serious aficionados
- Exclusive collector's cassette featuring live tribute and studio performances from a number of Pearl Jam's fellow artist friends. Broadcast on January 8, 1995, this recording is part of the Monkeywrench/Self-Pollution Radio series produced by the band;
- 80-page composition book filled with photos, drawings and artwork by Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament;
- A glassine envelope containing a collection of "Vs." and "Vitalogy"- era memorabilia including beautiful lithographs of each band member, postcards, posters and much more.
"Vs." and "Vitalogy" will be available at independent record retailers in new commemorative vinyl editions.
- "Vs." (single LP) and "Vitalogy" (double LP) - both remastered
Late summer brings a Pearl Jam 20th anniversary destination weekend bash followed by the fall release of Cameron Crowe's film, Pearl Jam Twenty, along with an accompanying book and soundtrack album. Interspersed between these PJ20 highlights will be a number of additional special events and new, unexpected releases. For the latest Pearl Jam happenings, visit www.pearljam.com.