Followers

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Blake Shelton news

photo: Jim Wright
Country superstar Blake Shelton kicked this year off by “Doing It To Country Songs,” and he will jump into 2018 on his just announced headlining tour. Shelton will hit the road alongside Brett Eldredge, Carly Pearce and Trace Adkins next February in Tulsa, OK (full dates below).

“The main thing that I look forward to these days, and honestly I always have, is my live performances,” said Shelton. “And even though I’m the first to say that too much time on the road can wear me down, too much time away from the road can break my heart. It’s been a while and I cannot wait to get out there! I think this is going to be my greatest tour yet.”


Shelton just made the world premiere of third brand new song, “Turnin’ Me On,” early this morning. The country music superstar shows off his songwriting skills – and his sultry side – on the track alongside Jessi Alexander and Josh Osborne. “Turnin’ Me On” is featured on Shelton’s upcoming album Texoma Shore, due this Friday and available now for pre-order. 

“We’re sitting on my bus one day earlier in 2017 and I think I was in Baton Rouge,” said Shelton. “I was up there alone and I had my guitar, started playing a little melody that I was hearing in my head and next thing you know I started writing a song. I wrote a verse, then I wrote a chorus, then I realized it was going somewhere and I felt good about it. Like I always [have] in the last couple of years I called up my friend Jessi Alexander and said, ‘Man, I think I’m onto something and I need somebody way better than me to try to bring this thing home.’ She and I and Josh Osborne ended up writing this song, I’m super proud of it – and it’s not hard to figure out who this song is about.”

Shelton kicked off the week on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Monday, where he chatted about Texoma Shore, his upcoming tour and made the live debut of his new track “At The House.” Check it out here. On Tuesday he surprised his Halloween twin (a decked-out Hoda Kotb) and the TODAY crew with performances of his latest hit single “I’ll Name The Dogs” and the nostalgic “I Lived It.” With two television appearances already under his belt this week, Shelton will take “Turnin’ Me On” to Late Night With Seth Meyers tonight at 12:35am/11:35c. “At The House,” can be downloaded here. 

Added Shelton, about the tour: “These are some of the best people I’ve had on a tour. Brett Eldredge is going to be there with me. I’ve known that kid for many years now and it’s been fun to see his career grow – he’s a great singer and such a funny guy to be around. He’s ugly, but it just shows you that enough talent can break down those barriers and he’s been able to make it anyway. We’re also going to have Carly Pearce out there, and she’s had a breakthrough with her first hit this year. Then bringing along my longtime friend and brother Trace Adkins – and who knows what’s going to happen with him. To be honest we don’t even really have a plan yet, I just knew we needed to spend a little time together, and what better way than out on the road?” 

Tickets for the run will go on sale on November 10. American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Friday, November 3 at 10 a.m. local time through Thursday, November 9 at 10 p.m. local time. 

Shelton is teaming up with CID Entertainment once again to offer VIP Experiences throughout the tour. In 2018, packages will feature new perks including an autographed 'Country Music Freaks' Tour plaque and an exclusive BS'ers Lounge baseball cap. VIPs will also get access to the BS'ers Lounge where Blake will perform an acoustic set and answer fan questions. More details available viawww.cidentertainment.com/events/blake-shelton-tour-2018. 

TOUR DATES 

2/15/18 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
2/16/18 Lubbock, TX United Supermarkets Arena
2/17/18 Las Cruces, NM Pan American Center
2/22/18 Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena
2/23/18 Moline, IL TaxSlayer Center
2/24/18 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
3/2/18 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
3/3/18 Bossier City, LA CenturyLink Center
3/8/18 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
3/9/18 Greenville, SC Bon Secours Wellness Arena
3/10/18 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum
3/15/18 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena
3/16/18 Baltimore, MD Royal Farms Arena
3/17/18 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center


TEXOMA SHORE TRACK LISTING

1.I’ll Name The Dogs (Matt Dragstrem, Ben Hayslip, Josh Thompson)
2.At The House (Jamie Moore, Craig Wiseman)
3.Beside You Babe (Abe Stoklasa, Mark Trussell)
4.Why Me (Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson, Ross Copperman)
5.Money (Craig Wiseman, James Bailey, Ryan Ogren)
6.Turnin’ Me On (Blake Shelton, Jessi Alexander, Josh Osborne)
7.The Wave (Josh Osborne, Ross Copperman)
8.Got The T-Shirt (Matt Jenkins, Jessi Alexander, Chase McGill)
9.Hangover Due (Craig Wiseman, Matt Dragstrem)
10. When The Wine Wears Off (Ashley Gorley, Rhett Akins, Ross Copperman)
11. I Lived It (Ashley Gorley, Ben Hayslip, Rhett Akins, Ross Copperman)
 

Produced by Scott Hendricks

No comments: