|photo: Gary Leonard|
On display on the Museum's fourth floor, the exhibit will give visitors a glimpse into how X's four original members – Exene Cervenka, John Doe, Billy Zoom, and DJ Bonebrake – quickly established the band as one of the best in the first wave of L.A.'s flourishing punk scene.
"An X exhibit in a museum? Unbelievable! We are honored, dumbstruck and so grateful that all four original members are here to celebrate and share our history and 40th anniversary. It’s a very long way from a basement on Hollywood Blvd (The Masque) to the GRAMMY Museum, but we feel that we bring with us all the punks from then and now. We are just the representatives for what has gone before and what is still to come in the City of Angels." — Exene, Billy, DJ, and John
Items on display will include:
· Original instruments and gear played by the band
· Handwritten lyrics and notebooks by Exene Cervenka and John Doe
· Clothing and other personal items
· Original concert flyers for L.A. shows
· Rare photographs and artwork by Exene
· X: The Unheard Music film, and more!
X: 40 Years of Punk in Los Angeles will be on display through Feb. 25, 2018.