Followers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Needtobreathe concert

Last week, a revised version of my needtobreathe interview ran on www.nctimes.com and I finally got the chance to see the band do a headlining set at the Glass House on Friday. Having seen them do a half hour set at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine, CA as part of the FishFest event in Summer 2009, I knew a little about what to expect.

This time, I was even more blown away. It was one of the best shows I've seen so far in 2010. For starters, they brought a large theater type light show into the Glass House - something I've rarely seen in attending many gigs since its 1996 opening. Another rarity: promoter Goldenvoice's head honcho Paul Tollet (he's also responsible for Coachella) was in attendance.

The 75-minute set featured a major chunk of 2009's "The Outsiders" as well as some choice covers (Ben Harper's "Better Way" segued into the Beatles' "Come Together" few from "The Heat."

No comments: