This year marks the 25th anniversary of R.E.M.’s Reveal, featuring “Imitation of Life,” “All the Way to Reno (You’re Gonna Be a Star)” and “I’ll Take the Rain.” Craft Recordings will release Reveal (25th Anniversary Edition) on November 20, expanding the original album with The Black Sessions Revealed, a previously unreleased 17-song performance recorded for Radio France in Paris on May 7, 2001.
Available as a deluxe 2-CD/Blu-ray set and expanded digital edition, Reveal (25th Anniversary Edition) pairs the original 12-track album with the complete Radio France performance. All formats feature reimagined cover art by longtime R.E.M. designer Chris Billheimer. The physical set’s accompanying Blu-ray presents Reveal in high-resolution audio and 5.1 surround sound, alongside the music videos for “Imitation of Life,” “All the Way to Reno (You’re Gonna Be a Star)” and “I’ll Take the Rain,” plus the album’s original EPK. Housed in a 32-page hardcover book featuring archival photographs, the deluxe set also includes new liner notes by journalist Birgit Fuss, with fresh reflections from Michael Stipe, Peter Buck and Mike Mills.
The Black Sessions Revealed will also be available separately as a 2-LP set, bringing the 2001 performance to vinyl for the first time. Additionally, REMHQ.com will offer exclusive Neon Orange vinyl of the original Reveal album and Neon Pink vinyl of The Black Sessions Revealed, alongside new anniversary merchandise. Pre-orders for all formats are available today, while the first single—the live version of “Imitation of Life” from The Black Sessions—is available now to stream/share.
2CD/BLU-RAY
Disc 1
Reveal
The Lifting
I’ve Been High
All The Way To Reno (You’re Gonna Be A Star)
She Just Wants To Be
Disappear
Saturn Return
Beat A Drum
Imitation Of Life
Summer Turns To High
Chorus And The Ring
I’ll Take The Rain
Beachball
I’ve Been High
All The Way To Reno (You’re Gonna Be A Star)
She Just Wants To Be
Disappear
Saturn Return
Beat A Drum
Imitation Of Life
Summer Turns To High
Chorus And The Ring
I’ll Take The Rain
Beachball
Disc 2
The Black Sessions Revealed
Recording made by RADIO FRANCE for The Black Sessions, May 7, 2001
Imitation Of Life
The Great Beyond
What’s The Frequency, Kenneth?
All The Way To Reno (You’re Gonna Be A Star)
Daysleeper
I’ve Been High
Electrolite
The Lifting
At My Most Beautiful
I’ll Take The Rain
The One I Love
She Just Wants To Be
Walk Unafraid
Losing My Religion
Man On The Moon
So. Central Rain (I’m Sorry)
It's the End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
The Great Beyond
What’s The Frequency, Kenneth?
All The Way To Reno (You’re Gonna Be A Star)
Daysleeper
I’ve Been High
Electrolite
The Lifting
At My Most Beautiful
I’ll Take The Rain
The One I Love
She Just Wants To Be
Walk Unafraid
Losing My Religion
Man On The Moon
So. Central Rain (I’m Sorry)
It's the End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
Disc 3 - BluRay
Hi-Resolution Audio
5.1 Surround Sound
Imitation Of Life (music video)
All The Way To Reno (You’re Gonna Be A Star) (music video)
I’ll Take The Rain (music video)
Reveal EPK
All The Way To Reno (You’re Gonna Be A Star) (music video)
I’ll Take The Rain (music video)
Reveal EPK
No comments:
Post a Comment