Paul McCartney’s internationally acclaimed album The Boys of Dungeon Lane will be released as a Special Edition on October 7, featuring four additional recordings including a new version of “Home To Us,” his celebrated duet with Ringo Starr, alongside three brand new songs.
The Special Edition announcement comes at a landmark moment for The Boys of Dungeon Lane. Released in May 2026, Paul’s first new solo album in over five years topped the global charts, with Top 5 debuts in more than a dozen countries - including Paul’s 24th UK #1 album across his career as a solo artist, with Wings and as a member of The Beatles.
The forthcoming Special Edition will have a new version of “Home To Us,” bringing Paul and Ringo Starr together once again. The new “flip mix” sees their original parts in the song swapped with each other.
Alongside the new version of “Home To Us,” the Special Edition will feature three brand new songs, titled “City Fox,” “One Night Stand” and “Chelsea Boots,” offering fans the opportunity to discover more of the music created during the sessions.
The Boys of Dungeon Lane (Special Edition) physical release will feature cover artwork adapted from a silkscreened collage by Kate Gibb, utilizing more than 100 images from Paul’s personal collection. Physical formats including a limited edition 2LP orange & blue marble vinyl featuring a zoetrope etching are available for pre-order HERE.
Speaking about “Days We Left Behind,” Paul said:
“This is very much a memory song for me. The album title, 'The Boys of Dungeon Lane,' comes from a lyric in this track. I was thinking just that, about the days I left behind and I do often wonder if I’m just writing about the past but then I think how can you write about anything else? It’s just a lot of memories of Liverpool. It involves a bit in the middle about John and Forthlin Road which is the street I used to live in. Dungeon Lane is near there. I used to live in a place called Speke which is quite working class. We didn’t have much at all but it didn’t matter because all the people were great and you didn’t notice you didn’t have much.”
The Boys of Dungeon Lane (Special Edition) physical release will feature cover artwork adapted from a silkscreened collage by Kate Gibb, utilizing more than 100 images from Paul’s personal collection. Physical formats including a limited edition 2LP orange & blue marble vinyl featuring a zoetrope etching are available for pre-order HERE.
Speaking about “Days We Left Behind,” Paul said:
“This is very much a memory song for me. The album title, 'The Boys of Dungeon Lane,' comes from a lyric in this track. I was thinking just that, about the days I left behind and I do often wonder if I’m just writing about the past but then I think how can you write about anything else? It’s just a lot of memories of Liverpool. It involves a bit in the middle about John and Forthlin Road which is the street I used to live in. Dungeon Lane is near there. I used to live in a place called Speke which is quite working class. We didn’t have much at all but it didn’t matter because all the people were great and you didn’t notice you didn’t have much.”
The Boys of Dungeon Lane Special Edition will be released on formats including CD, 2LP, and Digitally. Pre-order HERE.
Track Listing:
Track Listing:
1. As You Lie There
2. Lost Horizon
3. Days We Left Behind
4. Ripples in a Pond
5. Mountain Top
6. Down South
7. We Two
8. Come Inside
9. Never Know
10. Home to Us
11. Life Can Be Hard
12. First Star of the Night
13. Salesman Saint
14. Momma Gets By
15. City Fox
16. One Night Stand
17. Chelsea Boots
18. Home to Us - Flip Mix
2. Lost Horizon
3. Days We Left Behind
4. Ripples in a Pond
5. Mountain Top
6. Down South
7. We Two
8. Come Inside
9. Never Know
10. Home to Us
11. Life Can Be Hard
12. First Star of the Night
13. Salesman Saint
14. Momma Gets By
15. City Fox
16. One Night Stand
17. Chelsea Boots
18. Home to Us - Flip Mix
No comments:
Post a Comment