Followers

Friday, October 9, 2026

Joan Jett news: 'I Love Rock 'N Roll' expanded reissue

On December 11, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts will release I Love Rock ‘N Roll + The Shadow Album (Limited Edition 45th Anniversary). Available as a two-record vinyl set and a two-CD set, the collection pairs the band’s studio album with newly unearthed 1980 recordings.

Ahead of the anniversary collection’s release, I Love Rock ‘N Roll: The Shadow Album will be available November 27 in the US, Canada and UK as a standalone Record Store Day Black Friday exclusive vinyl LP featuring the exclusive bonus track “Black Leather (Live).” Preorders for the anniversary collection open November 27.

Recorded in 1980 at New York’s ODO Studios, The Shadow Album captures early versions of the songs that became I Love Rock ‘N Roll. The band had played the material on the road for more than a year before booking a one-hour studio session and performing the set live. Presumed lost for decades, the tapes were found by members of the Blackheart family and restored by Thom Panunzio and Ken Dahlinger.

The limited-edition 45th-anniversary collection’s two-record vinyl set comes in a gatefold jacket, and the two-CD set comes in a Digipak. Its artwork was created by Shepard Fairey.

The anniversary celebrations will also include a collection of jewelry and belts created with London-based designer Hannah Martin. The collection celebrates 45 years of Bad Reputation and I Love Rock ‘N Roll.

Other fashion collaborations include curated vintage T-shirts and new designs from Kelly Cole, along with knitwear created with The Elder Statesman. Additionally, Epiphone recently introduced the Joan Jett Olympic Special guitar in a third colorway, Vintage Sunburst, available now.

The celebrations will also include a limited-edition, celebratory beer collaboration with Dogfish Head Craft Brewery. Stay tuned to Dogfish Head’s social channels for more information coming soon.

Additional collaborations and anniversary events will be announced soon.

Track Lists:

RECORD STORE DAY BLACK FRIDAY EXCLUSIVE: 
I LOVE ROCK ‘N ROLL: THE SHADOW ALBUM

Side A

Bits and Pieces
Victim of Circumstance
Crimson and Clover
I Love Rock ’N Roll
Little Drummer Boy
You’re Too Possessive
Be Straight

Side B

Love Is Pain
Nag
I Love Playin’ with Fire
Wait for Me (Live)
Star Star (Live)
Black Leather (Live) - Record Store Day Exclusive Bonus Track

LIMITED-EDITION 45TH-ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION: I LOVE ROCK ‘N ROLL + THE SHADOW ALBUM

Record 1: 
I Love Rock ‘N Roll
Side A

I Love Rock ’N Roll
(I’m Gonna) Run Away
Love Is Pain
Nag
Crimson and Clover
Victim of Circumstance

Side B

Bits and Pieces
Be Straight
You’re Too Possessive
Little Drummer Boy
Oh Woe Is Me
You Don’t Know What You’ve Got (Live)

Record 2: The Shadow Album
Side C

Bits and Pieces
Victim of Circumstance
Crimson and Clover
I Love Rock ’N Roll
Little Drummer Boy
You’re Too Possessive
Be Straight

Record 2: 
Side D

Love Is Pain
Nag
I Love Playin’ with Fire
Wait for Me (Live)
Star Star (Live)

For more information, visit: www.joanjett.com.

No comments: