Followers

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Sophie B. Hawkins back with first album in more than a decade next month

Grammy-nominated, platinum-selling artist Sophie B. Hawkins' seventh studio album, Free Myself will drop March 24 via Lightyear Entertainment. PRESS HERE to pre-save the album.

The announcement comes alongside the release of Sophie’s official music video for her single from the album, “Better Off Without You.” PRESS HERE to watch the video, directed by Nigel Dick (Britney Spears, Cher). Says Sophie of the track: “I used to think ‘Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover,’ but now I realize I’m ‘Better Off Without You.’”

Sophie will be celebrating the release of the album with a series of small shows on the East Coast beginning on release day and making stops in New York City, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and more. PRESS HERE for tickets and more information, and the full routing can be found below.

“Better Off Without You” follows the single “Love Yourself.”

The singer is best known for the 1990s hits “Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover” and “As I Lay Me Down” featured in TV shows and films (from recent hits Stranger Things, Euphoria, Ozark, and PEN15, to landmark series Beverly Hills, 90210, Dawson’s Creek, The L Word). She has supported such causes as environmental protection, animal rights and LGBTQ equality. 

Hawkins also starred as Janis Joplin in the musical Room105.

Track Listing:

1. Love Yourself
2. Better Off Without You
3. Green Eyes
4. Free Myself
5. Consume Me In Your Fire
6. Hungered For Love
7. Fairy Tales
8. Angel In Disguise
9. I’m Tired Of Taking Care Of You
10. You Are My Balloon

Tour Dates:

March 24 - Portsmouth, NH - Jimmy's Jazz & Blues Club
March 25 - Woodstock, NY - Colony
March 28 - Philadelphia, PA - World Cafe Live
March 29 - New York City, NY - City Winery
March 30 - Annapolis, MD - Ram's Head On Stage
March 31 - Fairfield, CT - StageOne
April 1 - Washington DC - The Hamilton

No comments: