Followers

Friday, February 3, 2023

Crocodiles band go 'Upside Down In Heaven' on April album

Alt-rock band Crocodiles (Brandon Welchez and Charles Rowell) announce their forthcoming album Upside Down In Heaven, due April 7 via Lolipop Records. To introduce the record, they have shared its first single, "Degeneration," alongside an accompanying music video, directed by Kate Clover and one half of the Crocodiles duo, Brandon Welchez.

Said Welchez of their newest track and its inspirational basis, "The heaviness of life on a violent, dying planet can often push us towards our worst impulses. 'Degeneration' was written in the boiling, diseased summer of 2020 where I found myself overworked, underpaid and choking on wildfire smoke. The free time I had was spent doom-scrolling the latest covid death toll or inundating myself with news of literal fascists marching the streets. I found myself floating on a cloud of anger, fear and frustration. Rather than allow myself to fall into bad old habits or succumb to my negative emotions, I poured myself into my music. Talking about my degeneration beats actively seeking it out.

Track listing:

01. Love Beyond The Grave
02. Dead Beat
03. I've Become What I Fear Most
04. Degeneration
05. Upside Down In Heaven
06. Magic Trash
07. Lovers Of Nothing
08. Forever Walk Alone
09. Surfing With Death
10. Rock 'N' Roll Graveyard

No comments: