In case you haven't heard, The Cars are back with reunion album "Move Like This" - one of my most anticipated releases of 2011 - and a new tour this month. I was immediately impressed after a single listen to the album, which was produced by Garret "Jacknife" Lee (U2, R.E.M., Snow Patrol).
From the ebulliant first single "Blue Tip" (which gives a subtle musical nod to Kraftwerk), splendid "Too Late" and chugging rocker "Keep on Knocking" to icy, atmospheric ballads "Take Another Look" and "Soon" and trademark handclaps/smooth chorus in "Free," the band has picked up where they left off all those years ago and still retained a modern sound.
Move Like This can currently be streamed in its entirety on The Cars' SoundCloud Page: http://stream.movelikethis.com as well as on RollingStone.com. Pre-order it now on iTunes or Amazon and view the first two videos ("Sad Song," "Blue Tip") on YouTube.
- Showbox @SODO - Seattle
- The Hollywood Palladium - Los AngelesOakland
- The Fillmore - Denver
- First Avenue - Minneapolis
- The Riviera Theatre - Chicago
- The Sound Academy - Toronto, Canada
- Electric Factory - Philadelphia
- 9:30 Club - Washington DC
- Roseland Ballroom - New York City
- The House of Blues - Boston
www.TheCars.org - Fox Theatre -