Wednesday, December 29, 2010
2010 in review: top concerts
This year, I managed to attend 66 concerts (nowhere near my record of 86 in 2001), held in everything from small clubs to large outdoor festivals. Although there were highlights among the quick glimpses of acts at various fests, I limited my choices to full performances.
Here are ten of the most memorable...
1. needtobreathe, The Glass House, Pomona, Calif. (April)
2. Florence & the Machine, Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival-Day 3, Empire Polo Grounds, Indio, Calif. (April)
3. Peter Wolf, the Coach House, San Juan Capistrano, Calif. (October)
4. Muse, Coachella-Day 2, Empire Polo Grounds, Indio, Calif. (April)
5. Green Day, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Irvine, Calif. (August)
6. Gary Numan-"The Pleasure Principle Live," El Rey Theatre, Los Angeles, Calif. (November)
7. Paul Weller, the Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, Calif. (November)
8. Crowded House, Club Nokia, Los Angeles, Calif. (August)
9. Nada Surf, Troubadour, West Hollywood, Calif. (May)
10. Something Corporate, Grove of Anaheim (August)
Bear Rinehart photo, above, courtesy of needtobreathe.net and Atlantic Records