Followers

Friday, September 10, 2021

Steve Perry gets into the holiday spirit

Ah, it's suddenly that time of the year: my first Christmas album press release has arrived. This sounds like an interesting one...

Steve Perry's first holiday album The Season is due November 5 via Fantasy Records. 

Watch “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” here.

Steve notes in a press release, “I hope when people hear this record, they’re teleported in the same way I was when I recorded all these songs—I hope it brings them back to those golden moments with their loved ones and gives them that feeling of joy and connection and comfort that we all need so much.”

The former Journey singer hopes to send listeners to the place they find the most comfort during the holiday season, which, for Steve, is his grandmother’s home.

"When I was recording vocals for 'I'll be Home For Christmas,' as I was singing 'Please have snow and mistletoe and presents under the tree,'...I was emotionally thrown into standing in my grandmother's house staring through the door that I always hung mistletoe and then I saw her beautiful Christmas tree in front of her living room window…I had to stop singing because it felt like I was really there...I was a bit stunned…back home for Christmas is where everyone wants to be!

In 2018, Perry returned to music after an extended absence with the release of his album TRACES which debuted at #4 on the Billboard album charts and #6 overall – a personal best for his solo work.

Track List:

1. The Christmas Song
2. I’ll Be Home For Christmas
3. Auld Lang Syne
4. Winter Wonderland
5. What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve
6. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
7. Silver Bells
8. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

No comments: