Followers

Friday, January 24, 2020

The return of Sea Wolf comes in March

Sea Wolf announced the new album Through A Dark Wood will be released on March 20 via Dangerbird Records. The Los Angeles-based artist returns with his first new album in six years and has released a new video for “Fear of Failure,” the debut song.

Watch the video via Youtube:

“This is the first new Sea Wolf music in a while, and the first time people have seen me in a while, so director Jacob Epstein and I liked the idea of the video being me reconnecting with people, and letting the viewer see me in a way we’ve never shown before,” explains Sea Wolf frontman Alex Brown Church. “I’m sort of vulnerable to attack in this video, but this also opens up the possibility of making a connection. I think this kind of vulnerability is reflected in the song and the upcoming album, so we felt it was fitting for the first video.”

Sea Wolf first captured attention with the breakout track “You’re A Wolf” off his 207 full-length debut. Following the release of 2014’s stripped-down LP Song Spells No. 1: Cedarsmoke, Church returned to the studio to write and record a new record, but felt the songs did not reflect the serious life changes he was experiencing and decided to scrap it.

After taking time to score an independent feature called Julia Blue, a musically rejuvenated Church began creating a new collection of new songs.

“The title comes from the period of time that I was in when I was making this record — going through this,” says Church. “And I’ve come out of it, and I’m on the other side, which is something that I want to start with. I’m through it.”

Through A Dark Wood's music includes indie/folk melodies, drum machines and a string quartet. 

Pre-order + Pre-save Through A Dark Wood:
https://ffm.to/ThroughADarkWood

No comments: