Followers

Friday, January 10, 2020

Morrissey sets release for 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain'

Morrissey is kicking off the decade with the announcement of his 13th solo studio album, ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’. Out on March 20th, this will be the alt-rock singer’s third release on BMG, following last year’s covers album ‘California Son’.

‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ was produced by Grammy Award-winning producer Joe Chiccarelli (Beck, The Strokes, The Killers). It was recorded during sessions in France and Sunset Sound in Hollywood, California.

"I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey,” said Chiccarelli. “This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet. He has pushed the boundaries yet again - both musically and lyrically. And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but… Morrissey!”

Celebrating the announcement, Morrissey releases lead single "Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know?" with Motown legend Thelma Houston who is perhaps best known for her interpretation of "Don’t Leave Me This Way" which topped the Billboard Hot 100 in 1977.

Stream “Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know?” HERE

Houston commented, “One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists. I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they’re doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I’m singing really works on “Bobby”. And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

Pre-Order ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ HERE

‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ will be released on digital and streaming formats, plus a digisleeve CD, a black vinyl and a clear red vinyl that will be available exclusively at independent retail.

Morrissey recently hit #1 on this week’s UK Vinyl Singles Chart with his cover of Roy Orbison’s 1964 classic “It’s Over”. Initially released exclusively via HMV, the single will receive a full release on January 24th.

Track list:

"Jim Jim Falls"
"Love Is On Its Way Out"
"Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know?"
"I Am Not A Dog On A Chain"
"What Kind of People Live in These Houses?"
"Knockabout World"
"Darling, I Hug A Pillow"
"Once I Saw the River Clean"
"The Truth About Ruth"
"The Secret of Music"
"My Hurling Days Are Done"

No comments: