Followers

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Steve Perry of Journey back with new single, album after long absence

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and former Journey vocalist/Steve Perry makes his long-awaited return with Traces, the first new album in nearly a quarter century, out Oct. 5 on Fantasy Records.

Lead track “No Erasin’” includes the opening line “I know it’s been a long time comin’.” It is an emotional homecoming for the singer/songwriter of such Journey hits as “Don’t Stop Believin’,” “Faithfully,” and “Open Arms,” as well as solo successes “Oh Sherrie” and “Foolish Heart.”

Perry says, “Putting 30 years into 10 songs has certainly been an emotional experience for me. I started writing and recording these songs with the creative freedom that I was the only one who would ever hear them. Along the way, I rediscovered my love for music. Each track represents traces of my past, but is also a hopeful look into the future. I invite you to listen with an open heart.”

Produced by Perry and Thom Flowers, Traces is a collection of nine original tracks plus a  cover of The Beatles’ “I Need You” (see full track list below). Pre-order on CD, digital download and 180-gram vinyl HERE. Signed and exclusive bundles can be found HERE. The performance video for “No Erasin’” can be viewed at steveperry.com.

Track listing:

1. No Erasin’
2. We’re Still Here
3. Most Of All
4. No More Cryin’
5. In The Rain
6. Sun Shines Gray
7. You Belong To Me
8. Easy To Love
9. I Need You
10. We Fly

No comments: