Followers

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Greg Laswell back with 'Next Time'

Greg Laswell will put out eighth album Next Time on Sept. 21. Like his previous release, the acclaimed Everyone Thinks I Dodged A Bullet, the new album was entirely written, performed, produced and mixed by Laswell.

“I feel more in control than I did on my last record,” he says. “Life is the most difficult it has ever been circumstantially, but I'm also kind of okay, even if just for moments, which is all life is anyway. My hope is that’s what came across with these songs.”

First single “Royal Empress” was world premiered by DJ Nic Harcourt on KCSN in Los Angeles. It is available now for purchase and streaming at http://smarturl.it/ RoyalEmpress.

“I wanted a song bigger than life, or at least bigger than mine,” Laswell reveals of the opening track.

“The end of ‘Super Moon’ right after the break is an important moment for me,” he explains, about another tune. “I wanted a record that sonically made me feel small listening to it.

“I feel more in control than I did on my last record,” he continues. “Life is the most difficult it has ever been circumstantially, but I'm also kind of okay, even if just for moments, which is all life is anyway. My hope is that’s what came across with these songs.”

The Southern California musician's songs have appeared in network television shows, from True Blood to Grey’s Anatomy, The Vampire Diaries to Arrow. 

Tour dates:

9/7 Dallas, TX / Sons of Hermann HallSeptember 8th: Austin, TX / 3TEN ACL Live
9/9 Houston, TX / Dosey Doe
9/11 St. Louis, MO / The Old Rock House
9/13 Indianapolis, IN / White Rabbit
9/14 Columbus, OH / Natalie’s
9/15 Evanston, IL / SPACE
9/17 Cleveland, OH / Music Box Supper Club
9/19 Charlotte, NC / Evening Muse
9/22 Atlanta, GA / Eddie’s Attic
9/23 Nashville, TN / City Winery

No comments: