Followers

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

'Idol' winner Lee DeWyze album, tour news

photo by Marina Chavez
Vanguard Records has signed singer/songwriter Lee DeWyze, who is familiar to the millions who watched him win "American Idol" in 2010. First single, “Silver Lining” from his upcoming summer release will be available digitally on June 11.

For his album, DeWyze collaborated with producer/songwriters Toby Gad, Drew Pearson, Jim Scott, Matthew Wilder and Phil Allen.

“I wanted to take it back to what I’m really about, which is writing emotionally charged, meaningful songs,” the 27-year-old artist explains. I knew what kind of album I wanted to make and knew I could make. The way I see it, everything that’s happened throughout my career has happened so that I can make this record.”

 

Lee DeWyze will be heading out on the road beginning later this month with additional dates to be added.

Tour dates

4/18/13 Ames, IA - Memorial Union @ Iowa State University
4/19/13 Chicago, IL - Viper Alley
4/26/13 Gettysburg, PA - Gettysburg College
6/04/13 Columbus, OH - The Basement at Promowest
6/06/13 Ann Arbor, MI - The Ark
6/08/13 Indianapolis, IN - Rathskeller
6/11/13 Nashville, TN - High Watt

No comments: