Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Glenn Frey returns with classics

Glenn Frey - the Grammy Award-winning, founding member of The Eagles - will release After Hours, his first album since 1995, on May 8. 

A collection of classic love songs from the 1940s to the present, Frey's sixth solo effort includes “Sentimental Reasons” and “My Buddy,” Brian Wilson’s “Caroline No” and Randy Newman’s “Same Girl”  and the American standard, “Route 66.”

Helping the project come to fruition were co-producers Richard F.W. Davis and Michael Thompson, both members of The Eagles touring band.

“It was a new adventure for me as a vocalist to see if I could indeed learn, own and deliver these songs. And I'm so happy I took the challenge, once I got started it seemed like these songs had been waiting for me to sing them, and I feel like since I've done this record I'm a better singer than I was before I started. It's a different style of singing,” said Frey, a 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee.

After Hours is a dedication to Frey’s parents to celebrate the songs and love of music they instilled in him at a young age. 

“It's been great to spend the last two and a half years living with these amazing songs. I've enjoyed working with these talented musicians and finally seeing how it all fit together. It's been an incredible experience,” said Frey.

After Hours will be available in digital, CD and vinyl formats through Universal Music Enterprises. 
 

No comments: