Followers

Friday, May 31, 2024

Adam Lambert previews upcoming EP with dance tunes

Adam Lambert's new EP, Afters, is set for a July 19 release via The Orchard. Two sexually-charged tunes from it – “Lube” and “Wet Dream” – have been released ahead of his WeHo Pride kickoff performance tonight. Both tracks are now available to pre-save.

Discussing his inspirations for the EP, Adam says, “Creating Afters has been such a liberating experience as I chose to craft an EP of house music that’s unapologetically queer and sex positive. I throw many house parties and my aim was to create a soundtrack inspired by wild nights, giving a voice to our communities’ hedonistic desires and exploits. Feeling more confident than ever, I wanted to get shamelessly raw and real with the listener. Afters is meant to make you move, sweat, fantasize and connect!”

Continuing about the songs, the LGBTQ+ singer shares, "Wet Dream" and "Lube" are the perfect tracks to launch the EP experience.“I created both of these songs with dear friends and the writing sessions were full of laughter and joy. The freedom with which we wrote these lyrics is evidence of a new chapter in my artistry where I refuse to edit or filter myself. Both songs are about connection, and fearlessly turning fantasy into reality.”

The EP follows Adam’s 2023 covers album, High Drama (BMG), which earned him his fifth top 10 on Billboard’s Album Sales Chart. It includes takes on songs by Duran Duran, Culture Club, Billlie Eilish, Lana Del Rey and others.  

adamlambert.net
Photo by Brian Ziff

No comments: