Followers

Monday, June 12, 2023

Lydia Loveless says 'Nothing’s Gonna Stand in My Way Again' on September album

photo: Jillian Clark, courtesy Chromatic PR
The new Lydia Loveless album, Nothing’s Gonna Stand in My Way Again, will be released on September 22 via Bloodshot Records. A follow-up to her critically acclaimed 2020 album Daughter, Nothing’s Gonna Stand in My Way Again is previewed by 
lead single “Toothache,” out now alongside a Katie Harriman-directed video.

Pre-save album here.

0Loveless says “Toothache” was “inspired by a literal toothache and knowing there were way too many other things on my plate at the time to be concerned with my fucking tooth. The millions of little things that pile up when you’re broke and overwhelmed until you snap over the dumbest thing, like running out of dish soap...I struggled with whether or not I could write an anthem with the chorus just being ‘Now I’ve got a toothache!’ But I couldn’t get it out of my head. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut.” 

Of the video, she adds: "I really wanted to do something Bob Fosse inspired. Am I Bob Fosse? Absolutely not. But I think the bleak frustration came across regardless. We shot from 10pm to around 3am at Secret Studios. We all just felt like lunatics by the end of everything which is what the song needed.”

Lydia Loveless bio, hi-res press photos and cover art can be found here.

Track listing:

1. Song About You
2. Poor Boy
3. Sex and Money
4. Runaway
5. Feel
6. Toothache
7. Ghost
8. Do the Right Thing
9. French Restaurant
10. Summerlong

No comments: