Followers

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Belle and Sebastian have a new album coming this week

Belle and Sebastian's new album Late Developers will be released on Friday via Matador Records.

First single ‘I Don’t Know What You See In Me’ is their first co-write, featuring young pop composer Wuh Oh (Peter Ferguson). Listen HERE and watch the video directed by Andrew Litten HERE.

Says frontman Stuart Murdoch: "I was bicycling across Scotland last summer, listening to a mix of this song. It was written and produced for us by our friend Pete ‘Wuh Oh’ Ferguson. As I listened to it, I felt lucky to be the first person to get to sing this song. I let my voice swoop and soar in ways that it maybe hasn’t before. And as I continued through fields of gold and green I allowed myself to forget it was Belle And Sebastian, and pretend it was the latest hit on some random radio station. All music is escape, and perhaps we managed to escape a little further than usual with this unexpected tune. Thanks Pete!"

The follow up to 2022’s ‘A Bit of Previous’ includes “When The Cynics Stare Back From The Wall,” an unearthed 1994-era track where Camera Obscura’s Tracyanne Campbell guests.

TRACKLIST: 

1. Juliet Naked
2. Give A Little Time
3. When We Were Very Young
4. Will I Tell You A Secret
5. So In The Moment
6. The Evening Star
7. When You’re Not With Me
8. I Don’t Know What You See In Me
9. Do You Follow
10. When The Cynics Stare Back From The Wall
11. Late Developers

No comments: