Followers

Friday, October 21, 2022

Lewis Capaldi's 'Broken By Desire To Be Heavenly Sent' album arrives next spring alongside U.S. tour

Lewis Capaldi's new album Broken By Desire To Be Heavenly Sent is slated for May 19 through Capitol Records. Pre-order HERE. Featuring his hit single “Forget Me” (his third consecutive UK No. 1), the album will follow Capaldi’s 2019 full-length debut, Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent — the biggest-selling UK album of both 2019 and 2020. A spring 2023 headline tour of North America is on sale now. See below for the full list of tour dates and venues.

Collaborators on the album include producer Max Martin (The Weeknd) and others. "I don't want to create a new sound for myself, or reinvent myself," Capaldi says of Broken By Desire To Be Heavenly Sent. “The songs I want to write are emotional songs, about love or loss.”

“Forget Me” amassed over two million streams within 24 hours of its premiere and is now approaching 100 million streams globally, in addition to making Capaldi only the third artist this year to land a single at the No. 1 spot on the UK charts in its first week.

“It's about a breakup I went through where after a year, the only real contact I had with my ex was seeing her ‘post-me’ life play out on her Instagram,” he explains. “I was at a point where I was feeling pretty miserable and she seemed like she was moving on and having the best time, thriving, and I hated it. It seemed unfair to me that she appeared happy while I was hurting, and I was fearful she might have forgotten about me completely, so I wrote a song about it.”

Directed by NME Award-winner Louis Bhose, the official video for “Forget Me” served up a shot-for-shot remake of Wham’s 1983 hit “Club Tropicana.” Today, Capaldi unveiled an acoustic version of the track, watch the video HERE.

Tour Dates:

March 30 2023 – Nashville, TN Grand Ole Opry House
April 01 2023 – Atlanta, GA Coca-Cola Roxy
April 03 2023 – Washington, DC The Anthem
April 04 2023 – Philadelphia, PA The Metropolitan Opera House
April 06 2023 – New York, NY Radio City Music Hall
April 10 2023 – Boston, MA MGM Music Hall at Fenway
April 11 2023 – Laval, QC Place Bell
April 14 2023 – Toronto, ON Coca-Cola Coliseum
April 15 2023 – Detroit, MI Masonic Temple Theatre
April 17 2023 – Cincinnati, OH The Andrew J Brady Music Center
April 19 2023 – Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
April 20 2023 – Minneapolis, MN The Armory
April 22 2023 – Denver, CO The Mission Ballroom
April 25 2023 – Vancouver, BC Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre
April 26 2023 – Seattle, WA WaMu Theater
April 28 2023 – Portland, OR Theater of the Clouds
April 30 2023 – Berkeley, CA Greek Theatre
May 03 2023 – Los Angeles, CA Greek Theatre
May 06 2023 – Phoenix, AZ Arizona Federal Theatre
May 08 2023 – Austin, TX Moody Amphitheater
May 09 2023 – Dallas, TX South Side Ballroom
May 11 2023 – Houston, TX 713 Music Hall

No comments: