Followers

Monday, July 11, 2022

Out now: 'Sessions,' a new covers album by Paul Anka

'Sessions,' available now through Green Hill Music, finds veteran award-winning singer/songwriter 
Paul Anka tackling American standards. The second single is It Was A Very Good Year,” originally written by his friend Ervin Drake and famous by Anka’s friend Frank Sinatra. This cover follows Anka’s rendition of the 1965 Bob Dylan tune “Farewell Angelina.”

“A benefit of being locked up during the pandemic and unable to tour was having a lot of time to work in the studio — writing new music and reinventing classics,” says Anka. “This album really exemplifies that and is a love letter to songs and artists that have influenced me throughout my career as well as new music. Frank Sinatra is an incredible influence on the world of music and his role in my life has had such a great impact. On this album, I pay homage to him with ‘It Was A Very Good Year’ and ‘Strangers In The Night.’ These are two songs of Frank’s that I’ve performed on my Anka Sings Sinatra tour. They are such beautiful and powerful tracks.”

The album's music has strings and orchestral touches. Sessions is available now across all digital streaming platforms.

Track Listing:

1. “It Was a Very Good Year”
2. “If You Walk Away”
3. “Farewell Angelina”
4. “It Doesn’t Matter Anymore”
5. “I’m Helpless”
6. “Can’t Break Free”
7. “Love Never Felt So Good”
8. “Since I Don’t Have You”
9. “Sorry Now”
10. “Do I Love You”
11. “Strangers in the Night”
12. “Lonely Boy”

No comments: