Followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

From the vault: Brix Smith & Marty Willson-Piper's 'Lost Angeles' due in April

Singer Brix Smith (The Fall) recorded "Lost Angeles" with Marty Willson-Piper (The Church) in 1997. Originally intended to be a follow up to her project The Adult Net, "Lost Angeles" was written in Los Angeles during her break from The Fall (1992-1994) and recorded in 1997 in Penzance during her second stint in The Fall. 
Over the years, Brix has referred to "Lost Angeles" as “the lost album.”

It will be released April 1 via Schoolkids Records. 

When asked why the album has taken so long to be released, Smith says, “I was at my most vulnerable when I wrote this album. I was coming out of a devastating break up and I had lost my way mentally, emotionally and financially. I was trying to re-find my identity, whilst grappling with my mental health. I had lost my confidence and felt too raw to release it. I worried that by exposing myself so honestly, I might have to face possible rejection from the music industry, and that was something I feared I would not have been able to handle emotionally. Thankfully, I’ve gone through the dark tunnel and come out on the other side. With hindsight, I realise this a defining piece of my musical journey. I’ve always known how good this album is, but it is only now that I am confident enough to release it. Everything comes in its own time. The timeless nature of the music and the universality of the emotional lyrics, make this album just as relevant now, as when I wrote it."

No comments: