Followers

Friday, October 15, 2021

Band of Horses says 'Things Are Great' on long-awaited album

Band of Horses' sixth studio album and first in more than five years, Things Are Great, is scheduled for release on January 21 via BMG. Pre-order HERE
“Crutch”, the first single, can be heard HERE.

Founder Ben Bridwell says, “I think like a lot of my songs, ‘Crutch’ starts with something from my real life. Obviously ‘Crutch’ means some of the things that I was dependent on. My relationship for one. I think I wanted to say, ‘I’ve got a crush on you,’ and I thought it was funny how relationships also feel like crutches. I feel like everybody has had a time when nothing goes right and you still have to carry on. I think that feeling hits you in this song even if you don’t know what the specifics are.”

This time around, Bridwell took a bigger role in production than he ever has previously, producing or co-producing every song on the album. He brought in old collaborators including Grandaddy’s Jason Lytle, Dave Fridmann, and Dave Sardy.

Tour Dates:

10.18 - Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Made
10.19 - Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Made
10.20 - Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Made (SOLD OUT)
11.04 - Denver, CO - Mission Ballroom
11.07 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theater
11.08 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre
11.10 - San Francisco, CA - The Masonic
11.12 - Los Angeles, CA - The Palladium
11.13 - San Diego, CA - SOMA
11.14 - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues

Track listing:

Warning Signs
Crutch
Tragedy of the Commons
In The Hard Times
In Need of Repair
Aftermath
Lights
Ice Night We’re Having
You Are Nice To Me
Coalinga

No comments: