Followers

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Boy George album arrives this spring

I can't wait to hear this. Read on for more info...

Culture Club singer and DJ Boy George's new album This Is What I Do, his first full-length studio effort in 18 years, will finally see a U.S. release in March.

It was written by George O'Dowd and longtime writing partners John Themis, Kevan Frost and Richie Stevens (who produced). Dave Bascombe (Tears For Fears, Depeche Mode, Doves) did mixing duties.

The album features collaborations with producer Youth, as well as DJ Yoda, Kitty Durham, Ally McErlaine, MC Spee and Nizar Al Issa, many of whom will perform as George’s band on his live dates.

“I wanted to make a baggy album, not overproduced and I think I have achieved it. I was listening to things like 'Beast Of Burden' by The Stones, and I had my head most definitely in the 70's... I was also writing from a happy place. This time, no ex-lovers to get revenge on. For me 'Bigger Than War' sums up the tone,” says O'Dowd. 
 
An exclusive Deluxe Edition of the album will be released on his own imprint Very Me Records via Kobalt Label Services and will be available in all physical retail, digital download and streaming services from March 25.

The U.K version is now available. 
 
Boy George plans to take This Is What I Do and his nine-piece band on the road in North America later this year. More details to come.
 

Track listing: 

No comments: