Followers

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Midge Ure live album out now

My Midge Ure interview (found elsewhere on this blog), was one of my best in a long time. Since I attended the LA show back in January, I can't wait to hear this. Read on for details...

Midge Ure's latest CD release is exactly what it claims to be. Live in Chicago was recorded at the Mayne Stage in Chicago on Jan. 19 of this year during his first US tour in over a decade. 


"Music is a wonderful thing," Ure says. "Sometimes, when you least expect it and in the most unusual circumstances the unforseen can happen. Twelve days prior to this recording neither Right the Stars, the band who backed me on this, nor I had never met. It could have been a recipe for disaster but instead we bonded as both musicians and friends."

This recording shows a rougher, rockier side of Ure's capabilities, containing more powerful versions of classic solo works like "If I Was" and the huge European hit "Breathe" but also alternative versions of his 80's synth-rock band Ultravox's songs in the form of "Vienna" and "Dancing With Tears in my Eyes." There is even a guitar and synth driven version of Visage's electro classic "Fade to Grey" - the song still hailed today as a leading light in its genre. Following up on the success of the tour this past winter, Ure will return to North America for another tour in early 2014.

The 15 track CD is available through www.midgeure.com

Track listing

I See Hope
Love's Great Adventure
Call of the Wild
Fade to Grey
Breathe
Cold Cold Heart
Answers to Nothing
Just for You
No Regrets
Vienna
Dear God
Hymn
Dancing with Tears in My Eyes
If I Was

No comments: