Followers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Taylor Swift/Def Leppard

Early this morning, I watched the CMT Awards telecast from last night and my wretched AT&T U-Verse DVR cut off the last 10 minutes. So I had to go onto the CMT website.

Now I've been getting sick of seeing and hearing Taylor Swift everywhere lately, but I was very curious about her duet with Def Leppard on the show. They recently taped a "CMT Crossroads," which I've yet to see.

Anyway, she was waaay out of her league on the awards during closing tune "Pour Some Sugar on Me." Not only is her voice too weak to carry a hard rock song, but I always find it creepy when the latest hot young thing is paired up with someone old enough to be her father. Swift and Def Lep's Joe Elliot (age 50) fit the bill. The sexual lyrics made it even more uncomfortable to watch.

Did anyone see it?

No comments: